Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Basic Game Play

Shuffle the deck.  Deal 7-cards to each player.  Place the remaining cards face down in the middle of the table.   Turn up the first card.   That becomes the "discard pile".   Like UNO, you are trying to "get rid" of all the cards in your hand before everyone else.  Unlike UNO, this game has "power cards" that are radical, unpredictable, amazing.  My best friend said it best, King's Court is "Like UNO with 'TEETH'".   The first person to reach 500-points against him/her, loses and the game starts over.  Although the game says 2-to-8-players, it doesn't start becoming truly FUN and INTERESTING until you have at-least 4-players.  There are several subtle rules in addition, like saying "En-Guard" - but - until you've played the game, there is no good way to understand how much fun it is!

2 comments:

  1. Still have my original deck I bought in 83. Played a couple of games with my wife and youngest son. Who by the way, was not born when I bought them. One of my sons favorite card games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I'm trying to get a copy of the rules. I have the cards but no rules. Willing to pay for the rules. Thank you

    ReplyDelete